Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets IP 200mg– Twigpod 200 is made up of the drugs named Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets which is an antibiotic medicine that is used in the treatment of bacterial infection. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive. It is commonly given to children for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections targeting the ears, eyes, nose, throat, lungs, skin, gastrointestinal tract, and urinary tract. It is also effective in treating typhoid fever in children and adolescents.
Uses of Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets
- Cefpodoxime proxetil can be prescribed to treat respiratory tract infections such as bronchitis, pneumonia, and sinusitis.
- It may be used to treat skin and soft tissue infections, including cellulitis and impetigo.
- Cefpodoxime proxetil can be effective in treating urinary tract infections (UTIs), including cystitis and pyelonephritis.
- It is sometimes prescribed for the treatment of otitis media, an infection of the middle ear.
Precaution to use of Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets
Inform your healthcare provider if you have a known allergy to cefpodoxime or any other cephalosporin antibiotics. Disclose your complete medical history, including any previous gastrointestinal issues, kidney disease, or colitis, as it may affect the suitability of cefpodoxime proxetil. Consult your doctor before using cefpodoxime proxetil if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
Direction to use of Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets
- Take cefpodoxime proxetil tablets exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider. Follow the recommended dosage and duration of treatment.
- The tablets are usually taken orally with food to improve absorption. It is important to take the medication at evenly spaced intervals to maintain a consistent level of the drug in your body.
- It is essential to complete the entire prescribed course of cefpodoxime proxetil, even if symptoms improve before the medication is finished. Stopping the medication prematurely may lead to the reoccurrence of infection or the development of antibiotic resistance.
Possible Side Effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets
If you experience severe side effects or any signs of an allergic reaction (e.g., difficulty breathing, hives, swelling), seek immediate medical attention. Common side effects of cefpodoxime proxetil may include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Rash or itching
Please note that this information is not exhaustive, and it is important to consult a healthcare professional or pharmacist for specific instructions and advice regarding the use of cefpodoxime proxetil tablets based on your individual circumstances.